CASA of El Paso
Position Title: Development & Events Director
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Location: El Paso, TX
Date Posted: October 3, 2018
Accepting Applications: Until position is filled
The Development and Events Director reports to the Chief Program Officer and assists with planning, organizing and directing efforts to increase funding levels in support of CASA of El Paso’s mission. The Development and Events Director will also work closely with the Community Outreach staff person and other Fundraising volunteers.
The Development & Events Director is primarily responsible for individual and corporate partner opportunities including: identifying funding sources, stewarding major donors and corporate sponsorships, and developing a monthly giving program. The Development & Events Director, along with the Chief Program Officer, will share responsibility for achieving the annual development target by responding to donor requests, donor solicitation, stewardship of individual and corporate donors, and execution of events. The Development and Events Director ensures all pieces of CASA’s fundraising operations are functioning at the highest level, meeting approved timelines and budgets.
Essential Job Functions
- Development Planning:
- Manage CASA of El Paso’s development efforts. Create, implement and evaluate development plan and strategies to exceed annual revenue budget ($1.5 million), meeting goals to increase and diversify annual revenues. Coordinate these activities with the agency’s overall plans.
- Identify and develop new funding sources for CASA of El Paso and maintain existing relationships and funding. Present plan to Chief Program Officer and update once a quarter.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to cultivate and solicit organizations, corporations, foundations, individuals, and public sources.
- Develop and implement a plan for prospect research that increases the efficiency of CASA fundraising activities.
- Provide innovative ideas and concepts that can be evaluated and implemented to secure funding.
- Identify and maximize all funding opportunities.
- Continuously analyze and evaluate revenue and contributions.
- Events Management:
- Develop and execute CASA of El Paso’s annual Gala Fundraising event.
- Plan and execute other fundraising events to include El Paso Giving Day.
- Assist with recruitment, planning and implementation of all events with a focus on new and past donors.
- Manage solicitation and stewardship of sponsorships for all events as part of an overall corporate partnership initiative.
- Perform post-event wrap-up including committee meetings, volunteer evaluations, budget assessments, credit card payments, invoice preparations and financial reconciliations.
- Utilize software to manage all event information including reservation/ticket sales, auction items, and committee/volunteer contacts.
- Work with the Chief Program Officer to oversee and grow all special fundraising events, including responsibility for ROI on events, training of fundraising volunteers, and successful relationship management with fundraising volunteers.
- With the Chief Program Officer, ensure CASA’s special events are carried out in an effective, organized, timely fashion, with attention to donor and participant experience, maximizing revenues, and adherence to approved expense budgets.
- Gifts Administration:
- Oversee CASA’s administration and management of Raisers Edge, insuring that all data is maintained in an accurate, secure and timely manner, and used effectively.
- Maintain and grow relationships with donors and prospective donors through phone calls, personal meetings and correspondence.
- Manage all campaigns with the use of welcome letters, renewal letters, annual gifts and other appropriate follow-up.
- Work with Chief Program Officer to develop messaging and write quarterly donor e-newsletters and social media messaging.
- Maintain, manage and analyze data from Raisers Edge and other sources to determine donor retention, future donor prospects and other data analysis as needed.
- Track and manage all multi-year pledges and pledge payment reminders.
- Prepare and send all donation acknowledgements for tax purposes on a monthly basis.
- Grants Management:
- Research and evaluate prospective and current funders on an on-going basis.
- With the Grants Team (CEO and Chief Program Officer), prepare and submit grant applications, proposals, contracts, program outcome updates, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain accurate grant-related information in Raisers Edge, grants calendar and grant files.
- Develop compelling case statements and client success stories to use in grant requests and create, edit and maintain boilerplate narratives as needed.
- Collaborate with the Grants Team and other key staff to ensure outcomes stated in proposals remain appropriate and achievable.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Community Awareness & Partnerships
- Represent CASA of El Paso positively in a variety of settings.
- Be an Ambassador for CASA at events, third party events and community tables.
- Set and attend meetings with major donors and major donor prospects with the CEO.
- Provide consistent professional representation within our community to maintain CASA’s identity and mission.
- Develop and maintain ongoing collaborative relationships with community partners.
- 7 + years of experience with proven results in nonprofit fundraising ($1 million +; heavy individual funding a plus), including major gifts, annual campaigns, prospect research, donor management, grant writing, planned gifts, event management and donor relationship management.
- Experience in budget management and forecasts.
- Expertise in fundraising communications, written and presentations.
- Expertise in Raisers Edge or other donor management system.
- Expertise in design software, Publisher, Photoshop Elements etc. to assist with in-house printing needs.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with Board of Directors to determine potential donors.
- Proven experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organization, decision-making, and conflict management.
- College degree required, Master’s degree preferred in related field.
- Certification as Certified Fund Raising Executive or similar certification program preferred.
- Pass National criminal, National sex offender and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry background checks.
Core Organizational Behaviors
Employee behaviors which model:
- effective teamwork within the organization and positive collaborations with external organizations and individuals,
- a supportive and positive attitude towards organizational changes,
- demonstrated innovation,
- demonstrated capacity to perform at or above the stated job requirements,
- a level of professionalism and judgment in business situations appropriate to the position.
- Physical Requirements: Lift, load and take down special event materials; set up and break down meetings.
- Be able to work outside normal business hours, evenings and weekends.
- Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org